Learn From a Successful Online Marketplace Seller - Interview with BuyDirect
By Simon Published: October 11, 2013
By Jacqueline Published: June 20, 2013
5 benefits of selling via Choiceful, instead of eBay
By Aimee Published: January 25, 2013
DIY Garden Goodies
By Edwina Published: May 8, 2013
Five bestseller items to sell on Choiceful
By Aimee Published: February 1, 2013
5 Cheap but Great Gifts for Christmas This Year
By Emma Published: October 15, 2013
5 Places to Sell Your Products Online
By Aimee Published: February 18, 2013
Will Blackberry be able to achieve Smart Phone Giant Status?
By Holly Published: March 29, 2013
Home Upcycling Projects
By Jacqueline Published: September 6, 2013
Why Social Media is a Must for Small Businesses
By Holly Published: March 25, 2013
Other Choiceful.com Stores See all locations
What You're Saying
Stay in Touch
Why seller ratings matter and how to ensure positive feedback
Aimee / Published on February 7, 2013
- Make sure your item description includes all the important details, like size, weight, colour and quantity – check out our home and garden section for examples.
- Mention any defect, however slight –if you are always honest, you don’t need to fear negative ratings.
- If your item is used, don’t describe it as ‘new’.
- Take pictures from different angles and photograph the actual item.
- Make the description easy to read – use bullet points and bold headings.
- Make your policy clear and let buyers know how they can contact you, how quickly they can expect a response and above all, be true to your word.
- Ensure instant communication to keep buyers constantly updated, e.g. ‘Thanks for your order and quick payment – your item was shipped today!’
- Respond quickly to emails and customer queries, especially any negative comments, to turn them around to positive feedback.
- Avoid the customer asking questions by writing answers to frequently asked questions in your listings.
- Treat every customer as if they are special – perhaps include a handwritten thank you note or a small chocolate.
- Ship items as soon as possible once you’ve received payment.
- Let buyers know how soon you ship after receiving payment.
- Offer a shipping service that provides parcel tracking ability so buyers can easily monitor the progress of their parcels.
- Where possible, offer free shipping ( you can always include it in the price of the item). Follow us on Twitter to enter our weekly prize draw to win £30 worth of free parcel delivery with Parcel2Go!
- Specify the different options for shipping – give your customers the option to choose how soon they want their item
- Offer discounts for shipping multiple items in one order – customers are more likely to browse your other products, save on shipping and will leave you a better rating thanks to the good deal.