Learn From a Successful Online Marketplace Seller - Interview with BuyDirect
By Simon Published: October 11, 2013
By Jacqueline Published: June 20, 2013
5 benefits of selling via Choiceful, instead of eBay
By Aimee Published: January 25, 2013
DIY Garden Goodies
By Edwina Published: May 8, 2013
Five bestseller items to sell on Choiceful
By Aimee Published: February 1, 2013
5 Cheap but Great Gifts for Christmas This Year
By Emma Published: October 15, 2013
5 Places to Sell Your Products Online
By Aimee Published: February 18, 2013
Will Blackberry be able to achieve Smart Phone Giant Status?
By Holly Published: March 29, 2013
Home Upcycling Projects
By Jacqueline Published: September 6, 2013
Why Social Media is a Must for Small Businesses
By Holly Published: March 25, 2013
Other Choiceful.com Stores See all locations
What You're Saying
Stay in Touch
Why Having Your Own Online Retail Website Will Not Matter in the Future: Own Retail Website Versus Online Selling via Marketplaces
Aimee / Published on February 14, 2013
Here at Choiceful, we love to dish out daily advice to our sellers and today is no exception.
If you’re currently the proud owner of your own retail website, we’re hoping to convince you to make the switch to selling via a marketplace.
We’ve weighed up the pros and cons of having your own retail website versus online selling via marketplaces. Read on to find out the results.
Own Retail Website
1. No marketplace fees: If you have your own retail website, you make the rules. This instantly removes any start-up or listing fees. However, with Choiceful.com, it’s absolutely FREE to list products and you can list as many as you like.
2. No direct competition with the marketplace: Selling via an online marketplace may boost your sales potential, but many online marketplaces restrict what you can sell, and what’s more, if the owners cotton on to a certain product selling well, they can undercut online sellers with cheaper prices. Choiceful is all about helping sellers – the online marketplace only promotes online sellers products.
Online selling via marketplaces
1. Increased sales: Online marketplaces have a much greater online presence than individual small retail websites, drawing more traffic and increasing sale potential.
2. Customer acquisition: People visit online marketplaces to search for specific products. Listing your own brands or unused goods with an online marketplace gets you discovered faster. If you sell under a category that promotes further buying, such as products for your home and garden, customers are more likely to return to you in the future.
3. More variety: Marketplaces sell a wide variety of products, attracting customers who have multiple different purchases to make and prefer to buy from one place.
As you can see, there are more advantages to selling via an online marketplace. Furthermore, the benefits we listed for owning your own retail website are cancelled out by our core company values, making Choiceful.com the sensible choice for online sellers looking to make money from their unused products.
Don’t just take our word for it though – check out our Twitter and Facebook pages for evidence of how great we are. Whilst you’re there, enter one of our competitions. We aim our fabulous prizes at both sellers and buyers so everybody profits from Choiceful.com