Learn From a Successful Online Marketplace Seller - Interview with BuyDirect
By Simon Published: October 11, 2013
By Jacqueline Published: June 20, 2013
5 benefits of selling via Choiceful, instead of eBay
By Aimee Published: January 25, 2013
DIY Garden Goodies
By Edwina Published: May 8, 2013
Five bestseller items to sell on Choiceful
By Aimee Published: February 1, 2013
5 Cheap but Great Gifts for Christmas This Year
By Emma Published: October 15, 2013
5 Places to Sell Your Products Online
By Aimee Published: February 18, 2013
Will Blackberry be able to achieve Smart Phone Giant Status?
By Holly Published: March 29, 2013
Home Upcycling Projects
By Jacqueline Published: September 6, 2013
Why Social Media is a Must for Small Businesses
By Holly Published: March 25, 2013
Other Choiceful.com Stores See all locations
What You're Saying
Stay in Touch
Top 5 tips for shipping goods
Aimee / Published on January 28, 2013
Hurray! You have just made your first few sales on Choiceful.com, but now you have to ensure your goods are shipped safely and efficiently to the customer.
So, we’ve come up with some handy shipping tips to help you deliver excellent service to your customers and encourage future sales, whilst saving you time and money.
1. Finding boxes: You can source boxes locally to help save money. Head to the shops early in the morning when they’re likely to be stocking shelves and you’ll come away with a multitude of free boxes in all shapes and sizes.
2. Cost-cutting: Save on weight by cutting down extra cardboard on boxes – this can help to reduce the price you pay for delivery, especially if the item you’re sending is fairly heavy anyway.
3. Fragile goods: Always use bubble wrap on fragile items to reduce the risk of damage or breakages. Your customer won’t appreciate paying good money for a broken vase, and you will likely have to fork out for the damage.
4. Protect your address: Rain can cause printed addresses to smudge, meaning that the parcel will be deemed as undeliverable. Avoid this by writing the recipient address in permanent marker, or cover the address with sellotape.
5. Go above & beyond: Wrapping items in coloured tissue paper is a sure-fire way to impress your customers. It’s also relatively low-cost way and a nice way to package up your goods, increasing the likelihood the customer will buy from you again.
So if you’re listing products on Choiceful.com’s marketplace today, bear these shipping tips in mind to help save yourself some money and ensure your customers receive their purchases in tip-top condition.
Have a look through your home today and list any unused or unwanted goods in our home and garden section, and earn yourself some extra money.